Sunday, June 14, 2009

The grand finale!

Photobucket

Today was my last day working at Starbucks. I gotta say, everyone made me feel like a champ, from the customers to my co-workers...I mean partners...I mean friends!

A few customers gave me cards, email addresses, one even gave me a gift certificate to a restaurant! Ha! My parents dropped by, people bought copies of Rotten, my buddy Bill brought his wife and daughter in. I'm amazed I got any work done at all.

Tonight a bunch of Starbuckians are meeting me up at Paddy B's to have a drink, and how many times can you leave a job and have a bunch of friends celebrate with you?

I'm sure most of you know I quit once before. On my last day, I walked out of my store feeling like just another replaceable cog. This feeling was punctuated by a guy across the street, pissing on a fence (and a little on himself), and running down the street. No joke. This time, everyone has made me feel great. I probably would've quit a long time ago if it weren't for these people. So thank you, and sayonara to Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment