Thursday, June 24, 2010

The hair cut, part two.

Photobucket

Heck yeah, everyone! Thanks for the comments! Feeling that sweet Beardo love.

Let me just take some time here to do something I don't normally do: recommend works by OTHER people. No, this isn't some friend's book or anything like that. This is a case of me seeing a comic that was really inspiring, and wanting to pass the word along to you. It's called Blacksad, and it's as gorgeous as this picture ALL THE TIME.

Photobucket

My god, if you love comics, get this! And even if you don't! Be warned though, it's not for kids. But this is how things should be drawn. It's as creative as it is conventional, and it's a must-have.

Not to sound all high and mighty, but I genuinely have a hard time finding something that gets me this excited anymore. And of course, it's a comic that's not made in America. It's dawned on me that alot of the artists that are doing what I'd like to be doing are all European. Born on the wrong continent, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't comment yesterday for whatever reason, but I for one would LOVE to see your work go in this direction. And check out Guy Davis, american, to see some homebrewed wierdness of similar quality. Awesome recommendation in either case & good luck w/ the chopshop...

    ReplyDelete