Monday, July 13, 2009

Whatta weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As the title suggests, I had quite the weekend. It was originally supposed to be a weekend away in Nashville with the band and a friend, but those plans fell through. Meg, thinking I'd be gone, had planned an evening with some of her lady friends at the condo. Not wanting to ruin her fun, I ended up spending the night over at Kevin's. And by spending the night, I mean we went out drinking at Hollsteins and Durbins. It turned out to be a great time, partly because we saw an 80's rawk cover band called Metal College. Mullets and spandex were in abundance! The drummer was actually Kevin's drum instructor when he was a little Kevin. Many pitchers of beer later, we had a blast.

And then came the hangover the next day. We had planned an afternoon of golf with my Dad, and we'll be damned if we break a plan like that. So, with headaches and weak legs, we played 14 holes before going out for burgers. I am a terrible golfer, but I love golf courses. They're gorgeous, and even moreso with a golf cart to ride around on. It totally makes up for the fact that I am a terrible golfer.

And THEN! We went out (with Meg and my Mom along) to see one of the great movies of our time at Marcus: TOMBSTONE! "I'm your huckleberry" has so much more resonance when it's on a giant screen. Best five bucks I've spent at the theater in a while.

So despite not going to Nashville, I had a great weekend. And I did something I haven't done at all since coming back from our vacation: I relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment