Friday, January 8, 2010

Carry That Weight

Break out the champagne, the Beardo website has officially cracked 1000 unique views!

I've taken my metabolism for granted for 29 years, and I'm pretty sure it's slowing down now. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as I am nearly always glued to the drawing board, doing little to no physical activity. I began a hilarious regiment of stepping, lifting and running in place for a while, but I find that it's the first thing to go out the window any time I have a deadline to meet.

To be more specific, I've been illustrating this Edgar Allan Poe story, and the amount of days in the deadline and pages in the script were nearly identical, after I factored in all the days that I knew I COULDN'T be drawing (the recording session days being two of them). So what it boiled down to was that I had to make sure I drew a page a day. Goodbye exercise.

Twist! I have a bet with my dad that I can stay under 190 pounds until I'm 35. This bet is for a lousy 20 bucks, but it's the principal of the thing. And if you know me at all, you know I don't like to lose. So it came as a real shocker yesterday when I peeked at myself on my parents' bathroom scale and discovered that I'm 185! I've never weighed that much! Keep in mind, when the bet was made a year ago, I was 175, and even THAT felt like my prime weight! If this keeps up, I'll be 235 by the time I'm 35! Argh!

I have a back up plan. A human leg probably weighs 40 pounds, right? Which one do I like less?

3 comments:

  1. O Brother Where art thou, here I amJanuary 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM

    If you weigh more than I do at any point in our lifetime the balance of the universe will tilt and the end of the world begins. DO YOU WANT THE WORLD TO END DAN!!? WELL DO YOU!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean to dash your hopes, but my buddy, One-Legged Paul, only lost 25 pounds... And he's a pretty built guy... Moral of the story; Try sleeping in the dryer for a few nights, first... I'd say it couldn't hurt, but that would be a blatantly whimsical lie.

    ReplyDelete