I'm just going to straight up blog on this one, rather than hit you with more of my visual ridiculousness. In the age of twitting and status updating, I'm going with some good old fashioned content. Nothing Shakespearian, just talking.
Some random topics that have been floating around...
1. In movies! With the weather amplifying my already hermit-like hermitude, I've taken to renting alot from Redbox, and revisiting some old favorites.
The alternate ending to Paranormal Activity? Eh. It's not nearly as creepy as the original, and doesn't leave you with that feeling that there's still something
lurking out there. Still worth checking out though.
The Taking of Pelham 123. I only rented this because the Redbox had nothing else. It was nice to see James Gandolfini, but my god this movie blows.
The Hangover. Not as funny as everyone made it out to be. There, I said it. If you have a problem, you know where to find me!
District 9. Awesome. The story was not what I expected, it didn't give you a "nice guy" on the human side. Score one for the Hobbit guy.
Sherlock Holmes! Yes, I went to a movie theater! My Dad and I were overdue for some hanging out, so the game was afoot! The story was inconsequential, you're watching this movie because Robert Downey Jr is entertaining, and Jude Law is surprisingly good. Rachel McAdams should've stayed home on this one, she contributed nothing! Stick to romantic comedies, McAdams!
2. In all this hermitude, the television reigns as king. Meg tends to gravitate towards the following:
- wedding related shows (my God, help me)
- paranormal shows (crap)
- cooking shows (makes me hungry)
- whatever the newest hot show is, "just to see"
So with that said, Jersey Shore found its way into our home. Let me sum up to you how dumb that show is. One of the dudes is cookig lobster, and one of the girls won't eat it because of the fact that you have to boil them alive. Except SHE says it as this, "You know they're ALIVE before you kill them."
Is there a third state?
3. Garrett and I have been posting our graphic novel "Newton's Law" online for all to see, for free! If I had to boil it down for you in one sentence, it is this: "Isaac Newton Versus Gravity". Give it a look by inserting the link below into your browse hole.
This was a project that began YEARS ago, and got delayed by life. But now it's assembled and ready for action, and we will be releasing 2 pages a week every week.
4. I've been battling the winter blues, with wins and losses on what seems to be an hourly basis. It's hard to explain, but I know the solution really boils down to getting out more. Unfortunately, this weather, PLUS my workload and the wedding that it pays for has limited this. So I was really happy to be able to spend some time with Michelle and Nick last Saturday. I'm looking forward to our Workhorse Kings show this Saturday at the Rockbox, and I hope the snow doesn't stop people from joining us for music, beer and fun.
Your 140 characters or less can go to hell.