Friday, December 31, 2010

Hollywood

Photobucket

Yesterday was a great day for Beardo. The national monthly newspaper Funny Times is indeed picking up Beardo as a feature! When I got the phone call, I was in the middle of cleaning up for our party today. I had my comics strewn everywhere trying to organize them, and when I say MY comics, I mean hard copies of the ones that I have done - Cyclone Bill, Beardo, Rotten, Bob Howard, TAP, etc, etc. I had a TON of Cyclone Bill, made me really bummed out that they never really sold. I thought of all the time I had spent working on that book, the other books, the whole thing. I briefly considered lighting them on fire, and then the phone rang.

They said they don't normally call to tell people the good news, but I hadn't given them a return address in the packet I sent them over a month ago. So the lesson here is: never leave a return address or you might end up lighting your life's work on fire.

There's probably a better lesson in there than that, but who cares?!? I'm gonna be in Funny Times! Happy New Year!

One last note for this post, I want to say thank you to the people who have been following and supporting my comic work. Of all the online escapism there is out there, you picked mine. So, thank you and I'll see you in 2011.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS!!

    ... I can use that word. I used to be in the circus.

    ReplyDelete